Friday, August 29, 2014

Five-Minute All-Star Marinade

Did you have a blink-and-you’ll-miss-it summer like I did? It’s hard to believe that Labor Day weekend is already here, but I’m looking forward to spending the day with family and friends. I’ve already pulled out all of my favorite recipes so we can enjoy our summer stockpile of garden-fresh veggies.

And in case you’re wondering what I’ll be serving alongside our delicious tomatoes, asparagus, and peppers — it won’t be unhealthy hotdogs for us! Instead, I’ll be marinating chicken with a delicious marinade that not only enhances the flavor of the meat, but also delivers powerful health benefits.

Here’s the recipe:

½ cup of red-wine vinegar
2 tbsp. of chopped fresh oregano
2 tbsp. of chopped fresh rosemary
2 tbsp. of olive oil
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1 bay leaf
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

Mix all of the ingredients in a shallow bowl, and pour over your meat or poultry. Let the meat sit, covered, in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to eight hours. Then carry on with your usual grilling routine.
(Yield: Enough for 1½ to 2 pounds of meat or poultry.)


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment